In keeping with the 2016 Advisory Action requesting that the “trustees’ Literature Committee update the pamphlet ‘Young People and A.A.’ to better reflect the experiences of young people in A.A. today,” the subcommittee is hard at work reviewing the nearly 100 stories which were submitted for consideration.
In addition, work continues on the development of literature for alcoholics with mental health issues and those who sponsor them (as per the 2015 Conference Advisory Action).
Literature Items on the Final Agenda for the 2017 General Service Conference
The following agenda items will be considered by the 2017 General Service Conference. This includes projects forwarded from the trustees’ Literature Committee and suggestions submitted for Conference consideration that the trustees’ Literature Committee agreed to forward to the Conference Literature Committee:
- Consider request for revisions to the pamphlet “Questions and Answers on Sponsorship.”
- Consider request to retire the pamphlet “Too Young?”
- Discuss proposed plan for the annual review of recovery literature.
- Review progress report on the update to the pamphlet “Young People and A.A.”
- Review draft language about young people’s conferences, for inclusion in the pamphlet “Young People and A.A.”
- Review revised draft pamphlet “A.A. for the Woman.”
- Review revised draft pamphlet “Finding Acceptance: A.A. for the LGBTQ Alcoholic” (formerly titled “A.A. and the Gay/Lesbian Alcoholic”).
- Review progress report on the development of literature for alcoholics with mental health issues and those who sponsor them.
- Review draft sample illustrations and corresponding revised text for the pamphlet “The Twelve Traditions Illustrated.”
- Review progress report on the revision to “Inside A.A.: Understanding the Fellowship and its Services.”
- Consider requests for literature and/or language regarding safety.
- Discuss request for a revision to the pamphlet “The A.A. Group.”